Thursday, April 26, 2007

Big news

On March 13 Don got an e-mail from the company he used to work for asking if he was looking for a job with them. We thought about the offer and we really didn't know if we were ready to move back to the city, busy life, away from the snow and away from the woods. So while we were thinking about the offer we looked into buying a house and move off campus. To our surprise the houses in the area that we live are very expensive. We weren't able to find anything for under $200,000. We found a couple $150,000 but we would have had to do about $50,000 in updates before we could move in. There is no way that we could afford this. If I was guarantied 25 hours of work a week with my job we might have been able to do it, but sometime I go with no work for 2 or 3 weeks. But then there are those weeks that I'm working 40 hours a week. So Don and I did some number pushing and a lot of thinking, we looked at some houses and found 1 that we really liked. But at the same time I hadn't any work for 3 weeks so it was really hard to think about buying a house for $200,000 when I'm not bring money home. So again we did some number pushing to if we could afford to move back to Waukesha area and if we really wanted to move. We love the area but we just don't feel like we fit in on campus. We get along better with the maintenance guys then the teachers. The people are pretty nice it just we don't have PHD's or anything and they have a tendency to talk over Don and my heads. So with that being said it would be better if we move back to Pewaukee, most of our family and friend still live there. My mom and dad are really happy because they get to see Cam a lot more. The weekend of April 7 we went do south and we looked for houses. With no luck we decided to stop by Shore West and see what they had. We started with 200 house and narrowed it down to 6. The next day we got to go to these house and from there we narrowed it down to 3. Don liked 1 and I like the 2 others. So more talking and talking. I'm always the one that looks at the prices and I like the cheaper on the best but Don liked the most expensive one. So we called the realtor again to see if we could look at the houses again. So we decided on one. At the same time this was all going on I called the company that I work for from home to see if I could come back to the office and work full time. The sad part, I have to take Cameran to daycare full time. I just have to remember that I'm very lucky to have gotten 2 1/2 years at home with Cameran. It's really hard sometimes thinking I have to take Cameran to daycare, right know he goes 2 days a week because were we live he doesn't get to play with any other kids his age, so taking him to daycare get him around other kids other then mommy. My boss said he would love to have me back full time, he was very happy which helped a lot. So Don and I put in a offer on the house we like and they accepted. So we are buying a house in Pewaukee, I'm going back to work full time and Cam is going to go to daycare 4 days a week and Grandma is going to watch him one day a week for a little while. I don't want Grandma to watch him all the time because I want Grandma to stay Grandma and not baby sitter. We are closing on our house May 11 which is coming really really fast. We aren't going to move into the new house until the end of the school year so this give us some time to paint and clean the house. We don't really need to do anything to it but we do want to paint before we move our stuff in. Our place is such a disaster with packing. Here are a couple of pictures. We are getting to be really good packers thou. In the past 2 1/2 years we've move 4 times. I told Don we won't be moving any time soon after this time.




my office while we're packing



not a pretty site



I can't wait until we are all done packing and moved

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Carrie. Nice to "meet" you. Cameran is adorable. Yikes - I can't imagine moving at all right now let alone 4 times in 2 1/2 years. Kayla is 2 1/2 as well - when is Cameran's birthday? Good luck on the move and the daycare. I'm sure it won't be easy, but it sounds like he enjoys the time he gets now, so you know he'll be having fun. And his day with Grandma will be special for them both.

I look forward to reading more of your Blog. I'm glad you stopped by.

And no - no word from Verizon, but hubby screwed it down so at least it's no longer a danger to them. I haven't had the energy to fight with them the past couple days. I have to do that though. It's ridiculous. You think they wouldn't want that kind of liability.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker