Wednesday, June 20, 2007

good week so far

I can't believe it's already Wednesday night. I had my grandma, great Uncle and his girlfriend over for dinner last night. It was nice to have them over for dinner and to show them our new house. My great Uncle is very old fashioned. We had all the food set out on the counter so everyone could grab what they wanted and the sit down and eat. We'll my great uncle says "give me a burger and bun." Don says you get up and get or you're not going to eat tonight. We'll the way I am, I don't like to have conflict, so what do I do, I give him what he wants.

Cameran and I are doing better this week. I'm trying to do things a little different when he starts to act up. So tonight when he was in the naughty corner and he started to scream I walked out of the room and just let him sit. He came looking for me and I was in my bedroom. I asked him if he was all done screaming? Cam said yes and then I told him if he was going to scream some more then he should go back into a time out and when he was ready to come out and be good that he could come and get me again. He seamed to take this very well. We both went back into the kitchen and finished his dinner. He didn't scream anymore. I'll see if this works tomorrow too. It's so hard because I don't want to yell because that just makes it worse.

On a good note Cam has been asking to go to the bathroom lately. So we go and sit on the potty. He hasn't actually went potty but he has interest in sitting on the potty. It funny, he sits facing the tank. I have no clue where he learned that.

I got a phone call from our friends from Land O Lakes. They are heading down south and wanted to now if they could stop by on Saturday. Cameran is so excited to see his little friend again. We do miss them so much. I'm so glad that we get to see them.

2 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

We are "naughty corner" veterans here. Unfortunately I put Jason in the naughty corner and he screams louder. Drives me nuts! Wish Super Nanny would come here and help me.
Congrats on him asking about the potty. Great first step!! Jason is just not ready so I'm not pushing. We talk, we bought the new seat, once in a while we wear pull ups, we poop in our pull ups and that's as far as it goes. I.must.have.patience.
Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Sue said...

I'm glad walking away helped the screaming. It's so hard to ignore it sometimes. Hopefully it will keep working and he'll be a little easier on you.

Good luck with potty training. I'm glad he's showing interest.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker